“What do you want for Christmas?”
Your best friend Caroline hopes to get the latest kitchen gadgetry.
Dad wants to debut a new set of clubs on the green next spring.
Shelley from work is ready to take that exotic vacation she's spent months planning.
Your nephew Aiden told Santa at the mall he's been good and deserves the newest gaming system.
And your cousin Delaney would "absolutely die" if she doesn't get that ridiculously overpriced pair of shoes every girl at school just happens to own.
For Heartland Sings, the perfect gift to receive isn’t tangible like the items on the above wish lists. As a non-profit, the best present is one that we can return the favor by giving back to someone else.
Our holiday wish is to keep a musical tradition in our community, by having others donate to Heartland. We’re kicking off our end of the year fundraiser Thirty-One in Thirty-One on December 1st. Our goal is to raise $31,000 in the 31 days of December.
Regardless of the size, every gift received truly changes someone’s life through song – even if it simply means making the organizations daily operations easier to accomplish. Here are a few examples of what different levels of donations can give to Heartland Sings:
- $25 – Support towards general operation for artistic and administrative staff
- $50 – One new piece of music for the library
- $100 – Postage cost for concert and event promotions
- $250 – Scholarship for one talented student to participate in our two-week intensive Vocal Arts Institute
- $500 – Side-by-Side opportunity for one high school student for one year
- $1,000 – One school visit by the Heartland Vocal Artists
- $3,500 – Private performance by 5 Vocal Artists for a charity benefit
- $5,000 – Underwriting for a free community outreach program
- $7,500 – A newly produced Heartland Sings CD recording
- $15,000 – Lease for the Heartland Mobile – a vehicle to transport sound equipment
- $3 Million – Custom-built Center for the Vocal Arts (If you donate the full amount, we can guarantee the building be named after you)
During Thirty-One in Thirty-One, we will be sharing what makes music a tradition in the lives of our staff, vocal artists, board, donors, and volunteers.
Give the gift that gives back this year; change someone’s life through song by donating to Thirty-One in Thirty-One.
Keep the musical tradition going by donating here.